- Marshall: All that crap you said to me about "we need to figure out who we are outside of us, and we need to learn to do things on our own.". It broke my heart. Three months ago, you broke my heart.
- Lily: Can we please get back together?
- Marshall: Lily, you were right. All that crap was right. So, no. No, we can't get back together. We shouldn't. At least, not right now.
- Lily: Wow. OK. Yeah. Wi... Will we still see each other?
- Marshall: Yeah. Yeah. I think so. I don't know. This is all really new to me. I just got out of a long relationship . . . I like your hair.
Marshall and Lily Marshall Season 2
- Lily: You deserve a nice normal girl, so why don't you just go back up there and finish your date?
- Marshall: You're crazy. You have crazier eyes than anybody I've, I have ever met.
- Lily: Shouldn't you be going upstairs?
- Marshall: I mean you're out of your mind. You're just, absolutely insane.
- Lily: Shouldn't you, be going back upstairs?
- Marshall: I've missed you so much.
- Then they kiss and they stay together because they knew deep down that they both deeply cared about one another and wanted to be together. Hard times- even six month break in Lily and Marshall's case can be worked through when you have two committed people.
1 of 62